Tech eLearning Developer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sydney, Australia
About Fluent Commerce
The world of retail commerce is changing rapidly. To offer a premium customer experience, Retailers and direct to consumer brands face a challenge. They must adapt quickly and efficiently to the ever-changing needs of their customers, both in terms of convenience and experience. But their old systems can’t support this new reality. That’s why we exist.
Working with some of the leading and well known brands in the world, we’ve created a powerful and exciting Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney’s Silicon Valley – Surry Hills – we’re growing quickly. New opportunities, both nationwide and internationally, are added regularly for those who want them. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then join us.
In return for your passion and commitment you’ll get a great salary with bonus and share options and the opportunity to work from home and enjoy flexible working hours. We offer a vibrant office, casual dress code and a fantastic team. If you’re looking for creative, energetic environment where people never forget to have fun and are free to do what they love, then it is the right place for you.
About the Role
Fluent Commerce is seeking an eLearning Developer with a software engineering background to help build outstanding functional and technical learning content for our fast growing network of partners. Our partners need to be equipped to implement and deliver best in class solutions that meet and exceed our clients’ unique needs, and deliver on the Fluent Order Management Experience value proposition.
You will be responsible for building effective high quality eLearning course content, assignments, and labs that enable the technical and functional roles within our partners’ project teams.
Your day to day role will require strong technical capabilities to understand the product, and how to successfully learn the technical aspects of implementing our product effectively for our clients. Some days you will write some Java, React, or NodeJS code. Other days you will be interacting and building new advanced Postman collections against our REST and GraphQL APIs. Other days you will be screen recording demonstrations of using our SDK and Configuration tools, and the next day you could be helping to build the assignments, quizzes and exams required to certify developers, architects, and analysts. It certainly won’t be boring!
- Become a Fluent OMS Expert. Know the Product and Frameworks inside out. Be the representative of our partners
- Deliver key technical content and artefacts for eLearning
- Deliver content, samples, screen recordings, talk tracks, lesson texts, assignments, quizzes, exams, and code artefacts in Java, React, NodeJS, Postman, REST, GraphQL, and JSON
- Contribute to the migration of existing ILT courses to eLearning within the next 6 to 12 months
- Support the LMS and Learning systems and operations, including Fluent account provisioning and maintenance
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver the best solutions. Find better ways to do things, and get it done
- Work directly with Product Managers and other SMEs to extract the key learning outcomes and content requirements
- Work with the Learning Designer to identify and improve the effectiveness of our learning curriculum
- Collaboratively design talk tracks and lesson texts for technical course content. Ideally you will be one of the voices of Fluent Learning
- Support the continuous improvements of Fluent best practices, design & implementation guidelines
- Be an active contributor in the partner support and training feedback channels in order to understand areas of improvement in their learning and onboarding experience, and provide suggested enhancements to the product managers and partner enablement
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- 3+ years of software engineering, technical pre-sales, technical product management or consulting, with SaaS / PaaS based software products
- Genuine interest in providing outstanding learner experience, serving functional and technical roles
- Strong communication skills, well written and strong verbal command of the English language, as well as ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders at any level across the business
- Keen eye for detail, and spelling mistakes or incorrect formatting and inconsistencies annoy you
- Strong technical, strategic and critical thinking skills
- Experience working with Agile delivery teams. Solid understanding of the agile software development lifecycle and scrum processes
- Ability to concisely communicate abstract or technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience delivering engaging, effective, modern learning content that supports and improves adoption and successful implementation of products, either as an instructor, documentation writer, or other means
- Experience in multimedia content production and storyboarding is a plus!
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, retail and ERP systems, WMS, OMS
- We value flexibility – Work how, when and where it suits you.
- Centrally located tech office – Located in The Rocks, Sydney, we have a fun new office space with outdoor terrace and views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
- Flexible and supportive leave policies – Including generous paid parental leave and paid leave for your birthday so you can celebrate you.
- Culture is key – We have a great team and enjoy regular social events to foster a collaborative, supportive and fun work environment.
- A share in Fluent Commerce’s success – Share options scheme for all employees.
- Advance your career – We invest in your future by providing an allowance to help accelerate your learning and professional development.
To apply, please fill out the Job Application