Senior Technical Consultant
Job Type: Permanent
About Fluent Commerce
The world of retail commerce is changing rapidly. To offer a premium customer experience, Retailers and direct to consumer brands face a challenge. They must adapt quickly and efficiently to the ever-changing needs of their customers, both in terms of convenience and experience. But their old systems can’t support this new reality. That’s why we exist.
Working with some of the leading and well known brands in the world, we’ve created a powerful and exciting Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney’s Silicon Valley – Surry Hills – we’re growing quickly. New opportunities, both nationwide and internationally, are added regularly for those who want them. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then join us.
In return for your passion and commitment you’ll get a great salary with bonus and share options and the opportunity to work from home and enjoy flexible working hours. We offer a vibrant office, casual dress code and a fantastic team. If you’re looking for creative, energetic environment where people never forget to have fun and are free to do what they love, then it is the right place for you.
The Senior Technical Consultant will be responsible for proactively guiding and supporting Fluent Commerce delivery partners and clients throughout the engagement. The consultant will provide Expert Services and act as a portal into the Fluent Commerce organisation throughout the project by:
- Assist in gathering, writing and/or reviewing of project technical requirements
- Lead discoveries and consult on Fluent product capabilities
- Review & consult on solutions, implementations and overall architectures
- Provide technical expertise & support throughout the project lifecycle
- At times preparing a Launch Countdown Report for the client prior to launch, to provide a technical assessment of the partner’s implementation
You will work closely with other Expert Services consultants and the Product Solutions team on best practice standards and the roadmap for Fluent product features.
The role will report into the Regional Head of Expert Services.
- Support Fluent Commerce Delivery Partners in working with clients to perform project discovery of requirements, generate well defined product backlogs and user stories & acceptance tests applying Fluent Agile delivery standards
- Consistently represent the company in a professional and ethical manner
- Work with other Expert Services consultants to carry out project engagements based on Fluent Commerce services packages
- Be a Fluent Product expert, understanding capabilities and best use of the Fluent product.
- From time to time:
- write user stories (integration points, workflows etc.) & acceptance tests as required as well as work with engineers from within the Scrum team on the same throughout the sprint
- Participate in partner/client solution design meetings and workshops to provide best practice architecture and integration patterns from a Fluent Commerce platform perspective
- Deliver Enablement Training
- Collaborate with the Product Platform & Solutions teams to provide input on the Product roadmap collated from Fluent Commerce Delivery Partners and clients
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years at Architect level – Leading Transformational Projects
- Demonstrated experience as a Solution Architect within a large, complex environment, ideally with a focus on integration and/or applications / software development
- Proven experience designing and integrating systems
- Strong general IT knowledge & experience including system integration, web services and SDLC
- Experience with cloud technologies in particular AWS is beneficial
- Java software development background
- Proficient in designing, developing and integrating with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience within multiple complex multi-vendor digital oriented project implementations
- Solutioning within the software product framework and bespoke customisation to meet customer needs
- Code assessment, refactoring & optimisation
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with a collaborative mindset
- Leading technical workshops and partner trainings
- Producing technical specifications, solution blueprints, solution architecture diagrams
- Presenting to Senior stakeholders
- Project & bespoke solution scoping
- Knowledge transfer, coaching, training software engineer’s on the Fluent platform
- Strong skills in Java
- Solid experience with REST web services
- GraphQL experience beneficial
- Postman or Insomnia
- Knowledge CI / CD and automation (e.g. Maven, Bamboo, Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- BPM automation tooling: workflow designers
- Event Driven Architecture
- Enterprise Architecture Integration Patterns
Will ideally come from a vendor background and must have experience of one or more of:
- IBM Sterling
- Mainstreet OMS
- Order Dynamics
- Carrier Management Software: Metapack, Temando, Shippit
- Hybris, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Magento, Intershop
Domain knowledge in:
Distributed Order Management, PIM, WMS, Integration, Global Inventory Management, Customer Service tooling, Payments, Carriers, Returns/Supply Logistics, EPos, Dropship vending, eCommerce.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
< Back to Careers