Senior SRE Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sydney, Australia
About Fluent Commerce
The world of retail commerce is changing rapidly. To offer a premium customer experience, Retailers and direct to consumer brands face a challenge. They must adapt quickly and efficiently to the ever-changing needs of their customers, both in terms of convenience and experience. But their old systems can’t support this new reality. That’s why we exist.
Working with some of the leading and well known brands in the world, we’ve created a powerful and exciting Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney’s Silicon Valley – Surry Hills – we’re growing quickly. New opportunities, both nationwide and internationally, are added regularly for those who want them. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then join us.
In return for your passion and commitment you’ll get a great salary with bonus and share options and the opportunity to work from home and enjoy flexible working hours. We offer a vibrant office, casual dress code and a fantastic team. If you’re looking for creative, energetic environment where people never forget to have fun and are free to do what they love, then it is the right place for you.
As a Senior SRE Engineer, you’ll be using your application and infrastructure engineering skills to maintain performance and SLA on a cloud native global SaaS platform.
Solving complex distributed problems, optimising performance and solving a client issue are all in a days work. Then when you’ve fixed a problem you develop solutions so it stays fixed.
You’ll be a key member of the team responsible for identifying risks and ensuring the reliability of the Fluent Platform as its usage continues to grow around the globe.
- Proactively monitoring Fluent’s AWS environments around the globe
- Identifying and driving opportunities to make the Fluent platform highly resilient
- Resolving environment related support incidents
- Building software to improve the effectiveness of our support teams
- Building software to improve clients and partners visibility of the performance of Fluent platform
- Conducting post-incident reviews
- Documenting and sharing information on ongoing lessons learnt / experiences on the platform’s performance & client impacts
- Working closely with other Fluent Engineering teams to continuously enhance the Fluent platform and client experiences
- Mentoring junior members of the SRE team
- Participating in shared on-call schedule (follow the sun model)
- Providing input into optimizing on-call rotations and processes
- Provide technical support as required
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years of experience Java
- A degree in Computer Science or similar, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in platform API design and development
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge on microservice and event-driven architecture
- Experience in the following technologies a bonus:
- Software development on AWS or similar cloud
- REST, GRAPHQL, JSON
- Spring / Hibernate / JPA
- PostgresSQL, Dynamo, AWS Aurora
- Flexible working environment. Work how, when and where it suits you!
- Central office location in The Rocks, Sydney
- Generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Annual company bonus and share options scheme for all employees.
- Flexible and supportive leave policies (paid leave days for birthdays etc.)
- Regular social events to support team collaboration and culture
- Learning and professional development allowance
To apply, please fill out the Job Application