Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: UK or France
About Fluent Commerce
Working with some of the world’s leading brands and retailers, we’ve created a powerful and exciting cloud-native Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo to help our clients adapt quickly to their ever-changing needs. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney, Australia—and with teams across Europe, US and APAC—we’re growing quickly with new opportunities both nationwide and internationally. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then we’d love to hear from you!
As a Senior SRE Engineer, you’ll be using your application and infrastructure engineering skills to maintain performance and SLA on a cloud native global SaaS platform.
Solving complex distributed problems, optimising performance and solving a client issue are all in a day’s work. Then when you’ve fixed a problem you develop solutions so it stays fixed. You’ll be a key member of the team responsible for identifying risks and ensuring the reliability of the Fluent Platform as its usage continues to grow around the globe.
- Proactively monitoring Fluent’s AWS environments around the globe
- Identifying and driving opportunities to make the Fluent platform highly resilient
- Building software to improve the effectiveness of our support teams including the visibility of the performance of Fluent’s platform for clients and partners
- Mentoring junior members of the SRE team
- Participating in a shared on-call schedule to ensure any issues are dealt with quickly and effectively.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- A degree in Computer Science or similar, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in platform API design and development
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge on microservice and event-driven architecture
- Experience in the following technologies a bonus:
- Software development on AWS or similar cloud
- REST, GRAPHQL, JSON
- Spring / Hibernate / JPA
- PostgresSQL, Dynamo, AWS Aurora
- We value flexibility – Work how, when and where it suits you.
- Flexible and supportive leave policies – Including generous paid parental leave and paid leave for your birthday so you can celebrate you.
- Culture is key – Our team enjoys regular get togethers & social activities to foster a collaborative, supportive and fun work environment.
- A share in Fluent Commerce’s success – Share options scheme for all employees.
- Advance your career – We invest in your future by providing an allowance to help accelerate your learning and professional development.
To apply, please fill out the Job Application