Senior Product Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Australia (preferred, relocation considered), UK, France or the US
About Fluent Commerce
The world of retail commerce is changing rapidly. To offer a premium customer experience, Retailers and direct to consumer brands face a challenge. They must adapt quickly and efficiently to the ever-changing needs of their customers, both in terms of convenience and experience. But their old systems can’t support this new reality. That’s why we exist.
Working with some of the leading and well known brands in the world, we’ve created a powerful and exciting Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney’s Silicon Valley – Surry Hills – we’re growing quickly. New opportunities, both nationwide and internationally, are added regularly for those who want them. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then join us.
In return for your passion and commitment you’ll get a great salary with bonus and share options and the opportunity to work from home and enjoy flexible working hours. We offer a vibrant office, casual dress code and a fantastic team. If you’re looking for creative, energetic environment where people never forget to have fun and are free to do what they love, then it is the right place for you.
As an experienced Senior Product Manager with strong experience in commerce and order management, a good expertise in business processes involved in global retail supply chain, logistics and customer service you will be responsible for the overall strategy, roadmap and delivery of a subset of our product portfolio. The role will report to the SVP of Product.
You will be working in a fast paced, dynamic environment, engaging with multiple product owners, internal cross functional squads of engineers and business stakeholders globally.
You will be joining a highly capable team ready to take on big challenges and delivering great outcomes. If you have the passion and commitment to continually create the products which will redefine the industry benchmark, then get on board.
- Responsible for developing and articulating product vision, strategy and roadmaps
- Build and manage a high performing team of product owners
- Actively manage career and personal development of product owners/ product managers reporting into this role
- Lead stakeholder engagement to effectively manage the end to end product management process
- Define, own and communicate success metrics for key services and products
- Articulate product value propositions and collaborating on go-to-market strategies
- Be the champion of ways of working that promote collaboration across the product and engineering teams as well as between the product & engineering group and the rest of the company
- Drive regular customer and competitive research and analysis and ensure insights are considered as part of product planning and development
- Collaborate with cross-functional product delivery and engineering teams in an agile environment
- Work with product owners and the scrum teams to set clear direction and expectations, articulate business requirements and help remove roadblocks.
- Work with product owners to manage backlog, grooming and prioritisation of existing work, including the decomposition of program/portfolio epics/features
Skills and Experience
- Genuine interest in global commerce, omni-channel retail, e-commerce and logistics, with good understanding of industry trends and products.
- Has exceptional Product Management capability to lead the product and cross functional teams
- Ability to think strategically and influence long term growth of products
- Prioritises the end-users needs and feedback above all else when developing products.
- Good at negotiation and comfortable influencing people at all levels of seniority
- Attention to detail, planning and execution.
- Has a Growth mindset
- Be a strong advocate of Product Management Processes and Ways of working
- Be an inspirational leader for Product Managers and rest of the product organisation
- Commercial and business acumen
- Good sense of humour and positive energy is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product Manager in a fast paced retail or commerce ecosystem
- Experience building and successfully launching technical products.
- Experience in cloud technologies, API first and SAAS/PAAS product development
- Excellent technical and non-technical problem-solving skills.
- Expert in end to end Product Management activities, from formulating product strategy to sprint delivery
- Has led a team of Product Managers/Owners
- Understanding of UX and UI design principles and processes
- Experience in pure play retail and last mile of customer experience
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, business analysis and planning tools.
To apply, please fill out the Job Application