Senior Product Designer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sydney, Australia
About Fluent Commerce
Working with some of the world’s leading brands and retailers, we’ve created a powerful and exciting cloud-native Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo to help our clients adapt quickly to their ever-changing needs. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney, Australia—and with teams across Europe, US and APAC—we’re growing quickly with new opportunities both nationwide and internationally. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then we’d love to hear from you!
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of designers, marketers, product managers and engineers. You will lead Design Thinking methodologies and practices to deliver user experiences and interfaces across Fluent Commerce’s web apps and partner/developer experiences on our low-code platform. You will play a valuable and important role in supporting the development of the Product Design function at Fluent applying best practice methodologies and solving for the end-to-end user experience.
- Lead the design for new and existing products with the design process spanning from discovery, through execution, to measuring impact
- Develop an understanding of our users and their needs through user research, experimentation, workshopping, sketching/visualisation and prototyping
- Provide leadership as a key member of the design team
- Facilitate workshops with Clients and Partners, Product Managers, Engineers and internal stakeholders to understand product goals, problems and potential solutions
- Understand users needs by conducting qualitative and quantitative user research (e.g. through interviews, surveys, and usability testing)
- Work on complex and technical engineering concepts in the Order Management and Workflow Orchestration domain. Design solutions that are configurable (low-code) and extensible (SDKs) by our end users
- Create high-quality UX documents and deliverables (user flows, sitemaps, frameworks, low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes/prototypes)
- Own the existing UX components and patterns and develop and evolve the Fluent OMX Design System
- Have an understanding of technical and accessibility constraints and limitations when designing across devices and geographies
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years hands-on professional experience professional as a Product, UX or UI Designer
- Experience working in a high performing design team
- B2B UX/UI design experience (bonus points for Commerce, Retail, integration or Logistics systems)
- Experience using Service Design to understand and improve end-to-end experiences
- Strong knowledge around what research needs to be done and how to use existing research findings to determine the direction of a product
- Ability to document and communicate design ideas and solutions clearly to the product teams
- Strong facilitation, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience designing for cloud technologies and SAAS/PAAS products
- Expert in standard UX/UI software (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Miro)
- Formal education in a design discipline (think: New Media, HCI, Design Thinking or Graphic Design)
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates design thinking and creative approaches to complex problems, expertise in hi-fidelity designs and attention to detail
- We value flexibility – Work how, when and where it suits you.
- Centrally located tech office – Located in The Rocks, Sydney, we have a fun new office space with outdoor terrace and views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
- Flexible and supportive leave policies – Including generous paid parental leave and paid leave for your birthday so you can celebrate you.
- Culture is key – We have a great team and enjoy regular social events to foster a collaborative, supportive and fun work environment.
- A share in Fluent Commerce’s success – Share options scheme for all employees.
- Advance your career – We invest in your future by providing an allowance to help accelerate your learning and professional development.
To apply, please fill out the Job Application