Senior Functional Consultant EMEA
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Paris, France
About Fluent Commerce
The world of commerce is changing rapidly. To offer a premium customer experience, Retailers need to adapt quickly and challenge the status quo. But their old systems can’t support this new reality. That’s why we exist.
Fluent Commerce was founded to solve this problem and accelerate commerce globally. We’ve created a powerful and exciting commerce platform designed to meet the retail needs of the future. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it. We are the future of global commerce. But we need your help.
Headquartered in Sydney’s Silicon Valley – Surry Hills – we’re growing quickly. New opportunities, both nationwide and internationally, are added regularly for those who want them. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then then join us.
In return for your passion and commitment you’ll get a great salary with bonus and share options, unlimited annual leave, opportunity to work from home and enjoy flexible working hours. We offer a vibrant office, casual dress code and a fantastic team. If you’re looking for creative, energetic environment where people never forget to have fun and are free to do what they love, then it is the right place for you.
The Senior Functional Consultant will be responsible for guiding and advising Delivery Partners and clients at all stages of a Fluent Commerce OMS implementation project. From early discovery, through build & test and Go Live, the senior functional consultant participates as a key Fluent stakeholder, assisting the Delivery Part-ner and the Client in requirement gathering, backlog creation, solution design, feature enablement and the promotion of best practises and standards.
The consultant also acts as a portal into the Fluent Commerce organisation. The person will work closely with other Expert Services consultants and the Product team on best practice standards to ensure excellence in partner delivery.
The role will report into the Director of Expert Services.
- Support Fluent Commerce Delivery Partners in working with clients to perform project discovery of requirements, generate well defined product backlogs and user stories & acceptance tests
- Consistently represent the company in a professional and ethical manner
- Work with other Expert Services consultants to carry out project engagements based on Fluent Commerce services packages
- Work with the Expert Services and Partner Enablement teams to define new service packages and processes
- To be able to foresee and communicate risks, both in delivery and commercially and analyse implementation timelines
- To be a Product expert, understanding capabilities and best practices of the Fluent product.
- From time to time:
- lead project Discovery phases to elicit and document business requirements
- write/review user stories (integration points, workflows etc.) & acceptance tests as required as well as work with team members from within the Scrum team on the same throughout the sprint
- Deliver Partner Enablement Training
- Collaborate with the Product & Solutions teams to provide input on the Product roadmap collated from Fluent Commerce Delivery Partners and clients
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5-8 years as a Consultant in complex commerce/digital projects on the vendor side
- Previous OMS implementation experience is an advantage
- Have knowledge of agile delivery, especially experience with backlog development, user story writing/re-views, effort estimation reviews and sprint planning
- Experience within multiple complex multi-vendor digital-oriented project implementations
- Solutioning within the software product framework and bespoke customisation to meet client needs
- Understanding of SDLC
- Leading and Planning Functional Workshops
- Producing and/or reviewing functional specifications, solution blueprints, solution architecture diagrams
- Project & Bespoke solution Scoping
- Knowledge transfer, coaching and training Delivery Partner Business Analysts on the Fluent platform
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English & French language skills
- Attention to detail, problem solving and strong analytical thinking
- Self-starter and learner:
- Keeping abreast of retail/market trends
- Distributed Order Management, PIM, WMS, Integration, Global Inventory Management, Customer Service tooling, Payments, Carriers, Returns/Supply Logistics
- Exposure to:
- BPM automation tooling: workflow designers
- Event Driven Architecture
- Enterprise Architecture Integration Patterns
- REST APIs GraphQL APIs
- Will ideally come from a vendor background and must have experience in one or more of:
- Fluent Commerce
- IBM Sterling
- Mainstreet OMS
- Order Dynamics
- Carrier Management Software: ShippIt, Metapack, Temando
Please send a cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com
< Back to Careers