Java Software Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sydney, Australia
About Fluent Commerce
Working with some of the world’s leading brands and retailers, we’ve created a powerful and exciting cloud-native Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo to help our clients adapt quickly to their ever-changing needs. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney, Australia—and with teams across Europe, US and APAC—we’re growing quickly with new opportunities both nationwide and internationally. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then we’d love to hear from you!
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing software to accelerate product development. You’ll be focused on some of the most interesting engineering problems to ensure high-quality software. Exceptional technical expertise and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems will be required to automate a flexible multi-tenant PaaS platform.
- Review technical specifications and APIs provided by other team members and partners
- Develop and document technical specifications and designs for the Fluent OMS product
- Develop and implement software code and associated unit tests to support
- Develop build scripts and code for the continuous deployment
- Develop and document technical support documentation
- Identify technology limitations, bugs and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience in Java
- A degree in Computer Science or similar, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in platform API design and development
- AWS experience a plus
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- We value flexibility – Work how, when and where it suits you.
- Centrally located tech office – Located in The Rocks, Sydney, we have a fun new office space with outdoor terrace and views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
- Flexible and supportive leave policies – Including generous paid parental leave and paid leave for your birthday so you can celebrate you.
- Culture is key – We have a great team and enjoy regular social events to foster a collaborative, supportive and fun work environment.
- A share in Fluent Commerce’s success – Share options scheme for all employees.
- Advance your career – We invest in your future by providing an allowance to help accelerate your learning and professional development.
- Bring your whole self to work – At Fluent, we strive to create and nurture a culture where every employee can bring their whole self to work, feel inspired, and empowered to do your life’s work (or be your best self).
To apply, please fill out the Job Application