Full Stack Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sydney, Australia
About Fluent Commerce
Working with some of the world’s leading brands and retailers, we’ve created a powerful and exciting cloud-native Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo to help our clients adapt quickly to their ever-changing needs. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney, Australia—and with teams across Europe, US and APAC—we’re growing quickly with new opportunities both nationwide and internationally. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then we’d love to hear from you!
- Contribute to the growing codebase by writing high quality, maintainable and testable code.
- Collaborate with teams to design and solution challenging problems.
- Engage in code review processes to advocate best practices at Fluent.
- Apply Fluent’s CI and Build practices to improve effectiveness of engineering.
- Contribute effectively in agile ceremonies to plan, estimate and deliver key milestones.
- Provide and receive feedback from peers towards developing better practices and software.
- Clarify assumptions and seek support to remove technical impediments.
- Communicate technical information with the right amount of detail to varied audiences.
- Support and guide other engineers to meet the team’s goals.
- Promote and uphold the core values of Fluent.
What we’re looking for
- Strong commercial experience in building web services using Java, Spring and Spring Boot
- Good understanding of scalable design and architecture concepts
- Familiarity with API design and development
- Good fundamentals of GraphQL concepts is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with at least one framework – React (preferred), Vue, Angular etc.
- Good understanding of Databases (Postgres preferred) and SQL fundamentals
- Good understanding of formulating unit tests and working with CI/CD processes
- Good GIT proficiency and understanding of trunk based development
- Familiarity with Agile processes with a test driven development focus.
- We value flexibility – Work how, when and where it suits you.
- Centrally located tech office – Located in The Rocks, Sydney, we have a fun new office space with outdoor terrace and views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
- Flexible and supportive leave policies – Including generous paid parental leave and paid leave for your birthday so you can celebrate you.
- Culture is key – We have a great team and enjoy regular social events to foster a collaborative, supportive and fun work environment.
- A share in Fluent Commerce’s success – Share options scheme for all employees.
- Advance your career – We invest in your future by providing an allowance to help accelerate your learning and professional development.
- Bring your whole self to work – At Fluent, we strive to create and nurture a culture where every employee can bring their whole self to work, feel inspired, and empowered to do your life’s work (or be your best self).
To apply, please fill out the Job Application