Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sydney, Australia
About Fluent Commerce
Working with some of the world’s leading brands and retailers, we’ve created a powerful and exciting cloud-native Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo to help our clients adapt quickly to their ever-changing needs. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney, Australia—and with teams across Europe, US and APAC—we’re growing quickly with new opportunities both nationwide and internationally. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be working in a team of talented engineers to plan and deliver features as well as improve the stability of the Fluent OMS (Order Management System) framework. You will be part of an exciting journey to design and build an amazing user experience for our global customers.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in frontend technologies and is passionate about learning and growing in a fast moving environment within the e-commerce industry.
- Contribute to the growing codebase by writing clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Apply Fluent’s CI and Build practices to improve effectiveness of engineering.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to resolve critical issues and deliver initiatives.
- Participate in agile ceremonies to plan, estimate and deliver key milestones.
- Adapt feedback from peers towards developing better practices and software.
- Develop an appetite for learning new systems and technologies to further your growth.
- Communicate assumptions and seek support to remove technical impediments.
- Promote and uphold the core values of Fluent.
You are a frontend developer with at least 1 year of hands-on commercial experience. You have a basic understanding of the foundations for frontend development and can develop functional web components. You are self driven, curious and willing to learn new technologies and systems.
Skills and Experience
- Familiar with at least one framework – React (preferred), Vue, Angular etc.
- Good foundation in css techniques (CSS in JS, SASS, CSS Modules etc.).
- Exposure to version control (GIT) and project management tools (JIRA).
- Excellent communication skills.
- We value flexibility – Work how, when and where it suits you.
- Centrally located tech office – Located in The Rocks, Sydney, we have a fun new office space with outdoor terrace and views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
- Flexible and supportive leave policies – Including generous paid parental leave and paid leave for your birthday so you can celebrate you.
- Culture is key – We have a great team and enjoy regular social events to foster a collaborative, supportive and fun work environment.
- A share in Fluent Commerce’s success – Share options scheme for all employees.
- Advance your career – We invest in your future by providing an allowance to help accelerate your learning and professional development.
To apply, please fill out the Job Application