Cloud Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sydney, Australia
About Fluent Commerce
Working with some of the world’s leading brands and retailers, we’ve created a powerful and exciting cloud-native Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo to help our clients adapt quickly to their ever-changing needs. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney, Australia—and with teams across Europe, US and APAC—we’re growing quickly with new opportunities both nationwide and internationally. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then we’d love to hear from you!
The Cloud Systems Engineer is responsible for building, monitoring and management of the Fluent Commerce Cloud Platform used by product engineering teams to ship great products and by our clients to power their global e-commerce. This involves design, innovation, configuration and operation of the Fluent Commerce cloud infrastructure and continuous deployment processes.
You are a deeply motivated plat-form engineer with a background in building SaaS or similar shared software platforms and you bring substantial real-world experience building, shipping and operating a product at scale. You believe that preventing a fire is better than fighting it, but are able to perform either as needed.
- Scale the platform through enhancements and innovations that evolve systems by shipping changes that improve reliability, security, performance and software delivery velocity;
- Implement, architectures, standards, practices and techniques for large-scale Cloud Native distributed systems;
- Work with the other technology teams to enhance applications for better scale, performance or supportability;
- Monitor and continuously improve FluentCommerce’s Cloud infrastructure;
- Push technical direction, assist with incident investigation, review designs and generally do what’s needed to make things happen;
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience in AWS – GCP and Azure experience is also advantageous;
- Build + Deploy CI/CD pipeline orchestration using Jenkins, BuildKite or similar;
- Sound advocate for Infrastructure-as-code and everything-as-code principlies – Infrastructure automation – CloudFormation, Terraform, etc;
- Containerisation & Orchestration – Docker, ECS, EKS or Kubernetes;
- Databases – Postgresql or NoSQL (i.e. Mongodb / DynamoDB)
- Storage – S3, EBS, NFS, Container persistent storage and storage claims;
- Network – VPNs, Subnetting / Routing, Firewalls, DNS and proxies;
- Linux – Configuration, maintenance and support
- Application servers – Nginx, Apache;
- Telemetry, Monitoring and Observability – Metrics/Alerts i.e. Cloudwatch / Graphana, Logging and APM platforms;
- Flexible working environment. Work how, when and where it suits you!
- Central office location in The Rocks, Sydney
- Generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Annual company bonus and share options scheme for all employees.
- Flexible and supportive leave policies (paid leave days for birthdays etc.)
- Regular social events to support team collaboration and culture
- Learning and professional development allowance
To apply, please fill out the Job Application