Business Development Representative
Job Type: Full-time
About Fluent Commerce
The world of retail commerce is changing rapidly. To offer a premium customer experience, Retailers and direct to consumer brands face a challenge. They must adapt quickly and efficiently to the ever-changing needs of their customers, both in terms of convenience and experience. But their old systems can’t support this new reality. That’s why we exist.
Working with some of the leading and well-known brands in the world, we’ve created a powerful and exciting Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost-effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney’s Silicon Valley – Surry Hills – we’re growing quickly. New opportunities, both nationwide and internationally, are added regularly for those who want them. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then join us.
In return for your passion and commitment, you’ll get a great salary with bonus and share options and the opportunity to work from home and enjoy flexible working hours. We offer a vibrant office, casual dress code and a fantastic team. If you’re looking for a creative, energetic environment where people never forget to have fun and are free to do what they love, then it is the right place for you.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of EMEA, as Business Development Representative you will be vital to our expansion across the EMEA region.
- Actively manage a group of assigned Top Target accounts to create new opportunities and pipeline for Fluent Commerce solutions.
- Develop proactive messaging to then confidently communicate with various senior executives, seeking to challenge them in taking action to improve results/ generate value.
- Keep up to date with the latest retail and specific industry trends, challenges and investment areas.
- Leverage expertise and work closely with Fluent Commerce EMEA team to develop new opportunities.
- Build relationships with key decision-makers at targeted accounts.
- Identify and qualify their project needs, budget, timelines, business issues and obstacles for handoff to the appropriate sales individual to win the business.
- Leverage skills to reach decision-makers and market Fluent Commerce product offerings via cold calling, LinkedIn, social media.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of Retail, eCommerce and Order Management solutions
- A natural ability to identify and follow up opportunities
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent French and English
Please send a cover letter and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
< Back to Careers