Business Development Representative
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sydney (Head Office) or Singapore (Remote)
About Fluent Commerce
The world of retail commerce is changing rapidly. To offer a premium customer experience, Retailers and direct to consumer brands face a challenge. They must adapt quickly and efficiently to the ever-changing needs of their customers, both in terms of convenience and experience. But their old systems can’t support this new reality. That’s why we exist.
Working with some of the leading and well known brands in the world, we’ve created a powerful and exciting Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney’s Silicon Valley – Surry Hills – we’re growing quickly. New opportunities, both nationwide and internationally, are added regularly for those who want them. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then join us.
In return for your passion and commitment you’ll get a great salary with bonus and share options and the opportunity to work from home and enjoy flexible working hours. We offer a vibrant office, casual dress code and a fantastic team. If you’re looking for creative, energetic environment where people never forget to have fun and are free to do what they love, then it is the right place for you.
As Business Development Representative you will be vital to our expansion across the APAC region.
- Actively manage a group of assigned Top Target accounts to create new opportunities and pipeline for Fluent Commerce solutions.
- Develop proactive messaging to then confidently communicate with various senior executives, seeking to challenge them to taking action to improve results/ generate value.
- Keep up to date with the latest retail and specific industry trends, challenges and investment areas.
- Leverage expertise and work closely with Fluent Commerce APAC team to develop new opportunities.
- Build relationships with key decision makers at targeted accounts.
- Identify and qualify their project needs, budget, timelines, business issues and obstacles for hand off to the appropriate sales individual to win the business.
- Leverage skills to reach decision makers and market Fluent Commerce product offerings via cold calling, LinkedIn, social media.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of Retail, eCommerce and Order Management solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- A natural ability to identify and follow up opportunities
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales targets
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
Benefits (in Australia)
- Flexible working environment. Work how, when and where it suits you!
- Central office location in The Rocks, Sydney
- Generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Annual company bonus and share options scheme for all employees.
- Flexible and supportive leave policies (paid leave days for birthdays etc.)
- Regular social events to support team collaboration and culture
- Learning and professional development allowance
To apply, please fill out the Job Application