Business Development Representative
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sydney, Australia
About Fluent Commerce
Working with some of the world’s leading brands and retailers, we’ve created a powerful and exciting cloud-native Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo to help our clients adapt quickly to their ever-changing needs. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney, Australia—and with teams across Europe, US and APAC—we’re growing quickly with new opportunities both nationwide and internationally. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then we’d love to hear from you!
As Business Development Representative you will be vital to our expansion across the APAC region.
(Job Type: contract or permanent)
- Actively manage a group of assigned Top Target accounts to create new opportunities and pipe-line for Fluent Commerce solutions.
- Develop proactive messaging to then confidently communicate with various senior executives, seeking to challenge them to taking action to improve results/ generate value.
- Keep up to date with the latest retail and specific industry trends, challenges and investment are-as.
- Leverage expertise and work closely with Fluent Commerce APAC team to develop new opportu-nities.
- Build relationships with key decision makers at targeted accounts.
- Identify and qualify their project needs, budget, timelines, business issues and obstacles for hand off to the appropriate sales individual to win the business.
- Leverage skills to reach decision makers and market Fluent Commerce product offerings via cold calling, LinkedIn, social media.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of Retail, eCommerce and Order Management solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- A natural ability to identify and follow up opportunities
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or simi-lar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales targets
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
We value flexibility – Work how, when and where it suits you.
Centrally located tech office – Located in The Rocks, Sydney, we have a fun new office space with outdoor terrace and views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
Flexible and supportive leave policies – Including generous paid parental leave and paid leave for your birthday so you can celebrate you.
Culture is key – We have a great team and enjoy regular social events to foster a collaborative, supportive and fun work environment.
A share in Fluent Commerce’s success – Share options scheme for all employees.
Advance your career – We invest in your future by providing an allowance to help accelerate your learning and professional development.
To apply, please fill out the Job Application