Accounting & Office Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sydney, Australia
About Fluent Commerce
Working with some of the world’s leading brands and retailers, we’ve created a powerful and exciting cloud-native Order Management platform designed to reinvent how businesses serve their customers’ needs efficiently and cost effectively. We’re disrupting the status quo to help our clients adapt quickly to their ever-changing needs. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it.
Globally headquartered in Sydney, Australia—and with teams across Europe, US and APAC—we’re growing quickly with new opportunities both nationwide and internationally. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
Provide support to the finance team (60%) by overseeing weekly, monthly and month end tasks and assist with month end reporting. There will also be office admin duties (40%) required such as office supply orders and office maintenance.
- Creation of client accounts and processing of invoices
- End to end accounts receivable including generating and processing reminders and address client queries
- Contacting overdue clients and collection of overdue invoices
- End to end accounts payable including processing of vendor invoices, obtaining approvals, reconciliation of supplier accounts, address vendor queries and processing of payments.
- Processing of staff expense reimbursements
- Daily allocation of bank receipts and payments and weekly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Assist with Month-end close process including account reconciliations and processing of journals
- Manage the Finance email inbox
- Partner with HR for onboarding of new employee
- General office management
- Point person for maintenance, shipping, supplies
Skills and Experience
- Thorough understanding of accounting rules and principles
- At least 5 yrs experience in a similar role
- Attention to detail and adhere to strict deadlines
- Experience with accounting software (Xero preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience liaising with clients and vendors
- Ability to work in a changing environment as a result of rapid growth
- Work independently
- We value flexibility – Work how, when and where it suits you.
- Centrally located tech office – Located in The Rocks, Sydney, we have a fun new office space with outdoor terrace and views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
- Flexible and supportive leave policies – Including generous paid parental leave and paid leave for your birthday so you can celebrate you.
- Culture is key – We have a great team and enjoy regular social events to foster a collaborative, supportive and fun work environment.
- A share in Fluent Commerce’s success – Share options scheme for all employees.
- Advance your career – We invest in your future by providing an allowance to help accelerate your learning and professional development.
- Bring your whole self to work – At Fluent, we strive to create and nurture a culture where every employee can bring their whole self to work, feel inspired, and empowered to do your life’s work (or be your best self).
To apply, please fill out the Job Application